Be inspired by ICA art and exhibitions right in your own home. For April School Vacation Week, ICA Kids presents an virtual art-making workshop for families via Zoom. Meet other families and dive into an interactive family art-making activity led by ICA educators – an opportunity to connect and create, even when we are all apart.
Families will create hanging mobiles inspired by Carolina Caycedo’s Cosmotarrayas. Mobiles often can be thought of as monuments or representations of home and experiences. Especially during these uncertain times, how are you coming together as a group or family? What materials are you using, recycling, collecting, and finding? What objects are special to you and that represent “home”?
There will be three sessions, all 11 to noon:
- Wednesday, April 22: 6-9 year olds and their grownups
- Thursday, April 23: 9-12 year olds and their grownups
- Friday, April 24: Teens and their siblings
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Yarn, string, or rope
- 2 medium to large sized sticks, or 1 clothes hanger to use as a frame for the mobile
- Found objects collected from around the home or outside: cardboard, recyclables, scrap fabric, small twigs, dried flowers, pinecones, feathers, etc.
- Other materials welcome but not required
Registration required. Once registered, you will receive additional details, including a materials list and the access link. Space is limited to 5–10 families per workshop.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.